Friday 28 May 2010

Big Tree Campervans welcomes Bob the Dog



Meet out new dog, Bob. The kids, Sarah and myself are thrilled to welcome the 14-month-old working Border collie into our family. He has come from friends who have a farm with four dogs in Glen Clova, in the Angus Glens, but who are moving to a new farm that only has space for two working dogs. So Bob has moved to live with us.



Sarah with Bob the dog


He's already settled in really well at Big Tree Campervans. The kids love him and I've been enjoying having Bob around all day with me. He's great company while I meet guests, clean out campervans and sit at my computer.


And now I have a companion for my regular runs. In fact, the first time I took Bob for a run with me in a local forest I was amazed by his fitness. There I was running at a pace that I felt was pretty fast. I was actually putting a lot of effort into the outing. And then I looked down at my side to find Bob sauntering along, not even out of breath, and kind of looking at me as if to say: "Is that it Mr Big Tree? I'd call that an easy jog not a proper run." Still Bob seemed happy enough to "jog" alongside me.


Bob is also getting used to other dogs now (he was a bit nervous to start with) and he's just about tolerating our hens and cats.


Oh, and don't forget that if you own a dog you can bring him/her on a Big Tree Campervan holiday. One of our campervans is pet-friendly. You'll also get to meet our dog, Bob!

1 comment:

  1. He's just like our Ozzy! Scary! I'm sure you'll enjoy your new charge :O)

    ReplyDelete